Below you will find a link to our membership application. Please read this entire page and the rest of the information provided on this website before applying.
One of the most important aspects of co-operative living is participation. Co-ops are able to keep their housing charges low by depending on the volunteer efforts of their members to help with the management of the co-op. Before you apply for membership in a co-operative community, you should discuss with your family how you plan to adjust your lifestyle to make time to contribute to your neighborhood.
Potential members must be prepared to agree to the following basic principles:
- That they own their units collectively as members of the co-op.
- That they actively participate in the design, development and continuing management of the co-op community.
- That they will attend general membership meetings.
- That they volunteer to serve on the Board of Directors or one of the committees, which helps to reduce the operating costs of the co-op.
- That should they move out they will accept, at par value, the redemption of their original share purchase, regardless of current property values. In return, those members will benefit by obtaining quality housing at a reasonable cost.
In addition, members are expected to:
- Purchase a share in the co-op and pay their housing charges on time.
- Follow the co-op’s rules and policies.
- Keep their unit in good condition.
- Be good neighbours!
Our co-op consists of 50 stacked townhome units:
6 x 1-bedroom units @ $783 / month + $2,000 share purchase
16 x 2-bedroom units @ $978 / month + $2,000 share purchase
21 x 3 bedroom units @ $1,122 / month + $2,000 share purchase
7 x 4 bedroom units @ $1,230 / month + $2,000 share purchase
If you are applying for a subsidized unit, please include your BC Housing file number along with your application.
If you would like to apply for membership, you can click here to download an application in PDF format.
*If you’re using Windows, you might need to right-click, or if you’re using a Mac, Ctrl-click.
*Most computers already have a PDF reader installed, but if you need one, you can click here to download Adobe’s free PDF Reader for the Mac OS or Windows here.
Completed applications should be mailed or dropped off to:
Attention: Membership Committee
Lang Cove Housing Co-op
#51 – 700 Grenville Avenue
Victoria, BC, V9A 7J7